Learn Now

Monday, September 11

Fraud Protection

I stopped at a gas station to pump gas the other day and put in my credit card. DENIED. I hit the call button and the voice on the other side said I had to pay inside with the credit card first. What? I thought the machine at the pump was so I could bypass the "inside".

So I went inside to pay and asked if the equipment was broke...Nope! The guy behind the counter told me it was for "fraud protection". He said they have had alot of fraud and this was to "insure no more took place".

Well, being one that likes to test the system, I proceeded to leave my card and fill up my tank. Upon returning "inside", I went to the register and waited for him to hand me my reciept to sign. When he handed it to me, I signed my best friends name, and purposely made it look nothing like the one on the back of my card. He looked at the signed reciept, smiled and handed my card right back to me.

I looked at him and said "Wow". He asked, what was wrong. I simply replied that this was the best fraud protection I had ever seen and explained that I had signed someone elses name on my reciept. He sat there with nothing to say.

Needless to say I never went back to this gas station as they chose to inconvience me and try to pass it off as "fraud protection".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home